Bell South Security from Protection One and ADT feuding??

One of the last sales meetings, it was discussed that Bell South
Security from Protection One would no longer takeover DSC systems due
to unavailability of parts.

It seems that TYCO decided to stop supplying parts to Bell South from
Protection One, or imply Protection One.

Does anyone realize what a pain in the butt it was to have to say "I
work for Bell South Security FROM Protection One".

If just saying that long a** name doesn't set off enough warning bells,
I don't know what does.  If the customer was really on the "ups", they
would say something like,"I heard that your company was in bankruptcy",
or "Do you REALLY work for Bell South, or Protection One?".

I just told them I never saw a paystub since my skimpy as*ed checks
were direct deposited.  I told them I worked for "Bell South Security".
 The truth is I really wasn't sure.  I mean if I really worked for Bell
South Security, then I feel we should have gotten Bell South discounts.
 We didn't even get a discount on our Bell South land lines in the
house.  The office had a sales area and only 3 phones at 3 desks out
about 10 worked.  The regional (Ted..and what an idiot he was....no one
really liked him) wouldn't fix the phones, but we would have "call
night"  when my first manager was in charge.  We didn't get any
discount for using Cingular either.  When I worked at ADT, we did get a
corporate discount for Cingular and Verizon, and just about any other
cell company we wanted to use.  The Bell South package didn't include
in ANY of their corporate plans.  Instead, we were treated like "red
headed step children" of Bell South/Protection One.  Now, Protection
One went way out of their way to give huge discounts to Bell South
corporate employees.

I also remember seeing that Bell South acquired along with SBC
Communications, a chunk of AT&T Wireless to merge it with their already
owned Cingular Wireless.  Well, you would think that Bell South would
want to promote their own security company with some visability suck as
stickers on their windows.  What you get instead is stickers on their
doors and windows saying "Protected by ADT".

I guess what you see at Bell South Security is NOT exactly what you get
from them.  They are like magicians using sleight of hand to fool
everyone into believing they REALLY are Bell South.  I heard the new
sales manager in Coconut Creek is sorry he took the job.  He was told
it was his department to run anyway he wanted, but now he is finding
out he is suffocated by Ted, and MADE to do everything HIS way.  That
is my personal opinion about why my first sales manager resigned from
his position.  Ted and him were at odds all the time.

Bell South Security from Hocus Pocus....right up yer old gazoot
shoot....

yessssiiiirrrrr...they'll make you blink tryin' to figger them out....