Re: Hey, J. Sloud

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:49:47 -0800, "alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>The sign in the yard says ADT. Not ADT authorized dealer. ADT.
><Sigh>
>I'll add it to the others in my collection.
>js

Great.

  I spent the morning at a site we're taking over from the local
Sonitrol franchise.  Three systems, all Napco, with various fire alarm
devices placed here and there with no regard to fire code.  None of
the systems are listed for commercial fire use and they all only have
one phone line and no secondary.  One building had a riser with an
unconnected waterflow switch.  The other had a waterflow connected
using zip wire right to the switch, wrapped around the riser pipe.  In
fact, all of the wiring was 22/4 ba and not listed for fire either.
Some doors were contacted and others were not.  Some wire was tied to
high voltage conduit while most wire was loosely draped over whatever
was close.  The best part was the poor guy was paying: $249 a month.
Scumbag local puke company.

My afternoon was spent meeting with a defense contractor about some
smartcard/ RFID integration that, according to them, we were the third
company they had talked to and the only one to have a clue how to do
what they needed.  Dumbass trunkslamming local dealers.

Monday I'll be at a T/S government facility working on a very large
project having to do with homeland security and keeping your ass safe
from being blown up.

Your welcome.

I know you take pride in your trade and I have great respect for what
you do.  You know my feelings about ADT's high volume and dealer
programs.  If it was up to me, I'd have combined the government,
commercial, and national account divisions of ADT with Simplex and
spun the residential side off two years ago.  They're nothing but
trouble for me.  Believe me, every chance I get, I let someone on that
side of the house know how the industry perceives them and how their
short-sighted decisions effect the rest of the company.  It's actually
getting better.  In the US, corporate ADT no longer leases residential
systems.  The average sale is over $800 now.  There is less pressure
on units and more emphasis on revenue.  The reps are being better
trained, because ADT is focusing on revenue per user instead of
pushing RMR accounts.  It's a slow process, but the days of two doors
and a motion for $99 is gone.  With any luck, the dealer side will
follow suit soon.

J.