Re: Danger - Independent Alarm Dealers

"Sonicduck" <jones1019@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1132531012.371006.51380@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Here is a fact sheet put together by my ex-mgr. while at ADT.
> My ADT Corporate Resi Resale Mgr:
>
> 1. ADT is not responsible for the quality of the installation.  Most
> are installed by 3rd party subcontractors.

That is why they are running at a 30-35% attrition rate. They could fix it
but it is easier for them to charge back the installing dealer.

> 2.  ADT is not responsible for the type or quality of the equipment
> installed.

No true. They have a list of equipment they will except from the dealers.

> 3.  ADT is not responsible for any damage to woring, plumbing, drywall,
> roof, structural damage, or damage to the contents of your home.

That falls under the installing dealers liability insurance, which in
Florida they must have in order to be licensed. Are you saying that ADT uses
unlicensed dealers?

> 4.  If Dealer installer is injured in your home, he is NOT covered by
> ADT's workman's comp or any other ADT provided insurance.

Of course not. The installing dealer has their own insurance or if they
qualify through State quidelines can exempt themselves for Workers Comp,
which means they cannot go after the homeowner if they get hurt. Do some
fact finding before you post dribble.

> 5.  Dealer may choose to broker the montioring agreement to a 3rd party
> rather than have ADT monitor your system.

So. A dealer can do what ever they want. It is their contract to sell
especially if the client doesn't want ADT or doesn't fit ADT's requirments.
The dealer isn't going to simply throw the customer away.

> 6.  All ADT employees undergo a comHrhensive background check including
> drug screening, and a nationwide fingerprint search,  All ADT
> associates must be FASA recertified every two years.

ADT's FASA course, as a provider, has not been renewed by the State and
their trainers have not been renewed by the State, meaning any cards issued
by ADT are invalid. Sorry, no ticky no laundry.

> 7.  Remember this:  The quality of the protection for your home and
> family (business) is directly related to the subcontractors ability to
> fulfill his financial commitment to the monitoring company.  If the
> contractor fails to make the monitoring payments, your monitoring can
> be terminated without your consent or knowledge.

You idiot, that is not how it works. Geeez!!!!