Re: Keeping up with Cables in new installation

The wirelist is mine unless I specifically state otherwise...like in a
commercial job where schematics generally stay with the system and are part
of the contract.

In a house where we may just prewire only...IF I decide to make a wirelist
it's on my dime and I keep it. IF the primecontractor wants to pay me to
compile a wirelist or schematic thats a different situation, however they
NEVER want to pay for it.

I never trust anyone else's wirelists either, whenever I do a takeover or
install on someone else's prewire I always ring it out and make my own list
up...and remove all that shitty sticky masking tape or whatever the prewire
company decided to write (if they did at all) wire locations on.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Yeah, that's worked for me over the years as well. Every can has my
company
| decal on it, plus two other labels -one giving all my calling information,
| plus the second decal outlining what my monthly rate is and what it
| includes.
| Plus, inside, taped to the can cover is a complete wiring chart showing
what
| has been done and where all the wires go.
|
| If the customer comes back to me, great ! If he doesn't, then the next
| company that has to service the panel has a complete record to go on
saving
| everyone time and money. I figure the wiring chart is only part of a
proper
| installation and belongs to the homeowner, same as the panel itself. The
| decals belong to me and are always removed (a clause in my contract)
|
| Very rarely does the homeowner go elsewhere. If he does, it's usually
become
| of his having signed one of these abominable long term contracts in his
| original house and now he's being blackmailed into taking their service
| again in the new house.
|
| RHC

| > Ah! Most excellent idea!
| >

| > "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |

I've
| > ever
| > the
| > another
| > because
| > lot.

| > |
| > | Even though there's plenty of paper on the roll?
| > |