Re: PIR's: Why trip on two detects?

Jim said:

>> Offhand, I can't think of any dual tech that can be set to trip on either
>> PIR or MW, rather than both.  Which one are you thinking of?
>
>The Sentrol AR 435 for one and I think some of the Visonic dual tec's
>also.

I know the AR 435 can be set for microwave-only, but that's not quite what
Frank was talking about originally.   He was mentioning a dual tec that
would go into alarm if either the PIR or the microwave was tripped.  I
don't know whether any of the Visonics do that.

I wouldn't think there'd be too much demand for it.  Instead of reducing
false alarms, such a detector would increase them, as anything that would
trip either technology would cause an alarm.