Water Leak Detection

I have some sensitive materials stored in my basement. I was told there was
a low cost (about $50ish) water leak detection kit that will tie down to a
standard alarm panel zone. This device in question is not for a sump pump,
but to detect a film of water on a floor or low lying area. Does anyone have
a link or some info on such a device? thanks.