Re: Ademco TUFFTACT rollerball contacts....

The resistor's provide supervision of the wiring. If the wiring were to get
"pinched" or shorted before the resistor, the panel could recognize it as a
trouble condition while disarmed, or an alarm condition while armed. It's a
good practice to use them. It goes in series with the negative, or ground
side of the loop, closest to the switch. You can crimp them in line, solder
them, etc...
Look through the beginning part of the installation manual for a few
diagrams.