Re: Are PIR's always this sensitive?

Cheap is very dear.

Inexpensive, battery powered, exterior, sunlight, heat, wind, moving =
trees, blowing leaves, dust, birds, cats - what more can you ask for?

There's a reason reliable exterior motion detectors are expensive - and =
even they will false occasionally.

Depending on your layout, maybe you can go to a small dual beam point to =
point detector where the visitor must pass through the dual beams.