Ademco Vista-20P problems

I recently upgraded from a Lynx (the original version) to a Vista-20P
Version 3.  I'm using sensors and keyfobs from the old system.  I'm
having a couple of problems:

- The 5804BD doesn't seem to be able to receive status.  I have the
housecode set appropriately, and the 5804BD reliably transmits to the
panel, but doesn't get any status back.  It worked fine with the Lynx.

- Zone number-based X-10 output functions don't work while the system
is armed.  I have a function for turning my living room light on when
the front door is opened.  This is handy for finding your way around in
the dark to get the system disarmed.  This worked fine on the Lynx, but
on the 20P, it only activates when the system is disarmed.  Not all
that useful.  Is this really how it's supposed to work?  Anyone have
any insight?

Thanks...