Re: PIR with tamper

> Most commercial PIRs worth their salt have a
> tamper...   Wire them in with daytime supervision.

If the gentleman wishes to tamper the PIR's but has only standard four-wire
cable in place, here's a convenient method.  It requires more zones but at
least he won't need to run new cables.

Most alarms use the common negative as the zone return.  Use two EOL
resistors to jumper between the -12V terminal inside the PIR to the alarm
common and tamper common.  Connect +12V as usual.  Connect the yellow wire
to the alarm NC.  Connect the green wire to the tamper NC.

At the panel connect the red and black to aux power as usual.  Connect the
yellow wire to a zone programmed for motion.  Connect the green wire to a
zone programmed for 24-hour tamper.

If the panel uses a common positive for zone returns, jumper the EOL
resistors from the +12V terminal and do the rest as above.  We did this when
upgrading panels during takeovers of commercial clients.  Most
professionally installed systems were not tampered so there rarely were more
than 4 wires at motion and glass break detectors.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics