Re: Question for group on Pull stations?

> I understand what your saying.  However,
> in Toronto, the inspectors look for the
> local release, and when the fire guys
> (which I'm not one of) put in the pull
> stations for us they leave a 2nd wire off
> of the pull station aux.

If you should need to satisfy local requirements and provide the standard,
system-generated door release you can do so very easily.  Wire the mag lock
in series with the auxiliary NC leads on the pull station and the NC aux
relay output from the FACP.  This will give local door release even if the
system fails or if the pull has been disabled at the FACP.  It will also
provide release of all doors from any fire alarm condition, regardless which
sensor is involved.

As always, confirm with the AHJ but the usual attitude is that anything that
makes it more likely for the exit door to unlock is a good thing.  One
inspector I know joked that the FD would prefer to see saloon doors on every
occupied building.  I suspect he meant something else though.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics