Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

>> I was downloading panels as far back as 1981...
>
> Bob,
>
> The dumb question was whether my techs carried laptops before laptops
> existed.  As to downloading, that's been around since long before most of
> these characters knew what an alarm is, let alone installed one.

Yup...  uh-huh...  Dumb question posed to the same guy that claims to have
"28 years in the trade"...  Show me where...  All the info available on you
says you were licensed in Connecticut from 1985 to 2001.  That's sixteen
years.  You'd moved to Florida in 1999.  How many times to you go to
Connecticut to perform a service call or do an installation between 1999 and
2001??  How many installs did you actually *do* while you were "running your
modestly successful central station alarm company"??  Seems to me, Robert
that "running" a business and actually *working* as a technician are two
completely different things.  For instance, I don't spend nearly as much
time out doing service and installs that I'd like to.  It works out to an
average of about 4 hours a day and that's only because one of our senior
techs is undergoing cancer treatment and it's damn difficult finding people
with his level of knowledge and actual time in the trade (20+ actual years
*in the trade* like me).