Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

Crash Gordon® wrote:
> Welp, we don't have but a handful of unions out here...but yah you're
probably right. I KNOW the residential builders won't go for higher
prices..so homes will not be available with systems already installed.

The fast track builders can go suck hide tit. They are whores that won't and
don't pay anyway. Who needs them. They are nothing but grief and aggrevation
and have put more than one good company out of business. The best move I
ever made was to stop dealing with these type of builders and they wonder
why I wouldn't take their calls, anymore. "Whats da madder, ya don't want my
business?" Yup, that's right, loose my number. I got tired of getting beat
up on every bid and then waiting and waiting and waiting for payment.
Jumping through hoops for their superintendents because of their piss poor
scheduling and then hearing that I am holding them up. They have absolutely
no professionalism, using the same language on the phone with the women in
our office as they do out in the field. I often wondered where they find
these dregs. They are like hound dogs, you let them in your house and they
piss on your coffee table. What is funny is that they are like little kids,
they want what they can't have. They still keep calling. "Hey dawg, I have
another project comin' out of the ground." GO AWAY! On the other hand, I do
have some very good custom builders that are 180 degrees in the other
direction. Very professional, organized, great to deal with, and pay. I
would have to do numerous fast track houses to equal one custom as far as
value per house.

I'll bet that the companys with trade unions that you DO have, are the
companys that get the majority of the municipal, city town and state
contracts though.

If a federal or state funded job has to be done in the area and there
aren't any union companys there, they're farmed in from another area
and even from other states.

Sometimes but usually licensing laws will prohibit it. What I have
experienced however, on the prison work we have done, is that we go through
a wage audit to make sure we are paying prevailing wage.

 Check it out. Unions are subdued nowadays,
but they're still in bed with the politcians. They've still got the
block voting power and funding the politicos love.

True, NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association), which is the union
group, is alive and well and have paid lobbyist anywhere they are trying to
gain a foothold on any issue they have interest in. Deal with them all the
time in Tallahassee, FL. during legislative session. Some times with them
and sometimes against them, depending on the issue. They know how to play
the game...........grease, grease, grease those palms.

Bob4Secur