Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

OK you guys.  It is now moved and working.  Thanks for all your help..  I
unplugged the little transformer this morning and left it unplugged for
about 3 hours.  I was expecting a phone call from Brinks, but it never came.
(In the past, when we had a power outage, they would call).
Anyway, after 3 hours, I disconnected the phone line and then the battery.
I popped the keypad off of it's base and noted the colors of the 4 wires.
Then I clipped them and pulled the wire up from the attic.  I fed the same
wire down into the opposite wall and cut a 1" by 2" hole.  Then I moved the
base over and anchored it to the wall over the hole I made.  I stripped the
wires and connected them.  I carefully soldered the connections and then
used tiny wire nuts.  Then I reconnected the battery, plugged in the
transformer and then the phone line.  The keypad said "Ready".  So I punched
up "Alarm Memory" on the keypad, entered my code and got "0".  So, I punched
up "Test" on the keypad, entered my code and after about 20 seconds it
answered me with a short siren burst just like normal.  SO IT'S DONE!!!
Thanks to all for your good advice.  Now the only thing left to do is repair
the hole in the wall behind the freezer where the keypad used to be.

Tocapet