Re: Monitoring Intruder over the WWW

Paul C wrote:
> Anyone help or direct me to somewhere regarding the + & - of monitoring
> intruder alarms over the web (IP based)???
>
> Thanks
>
> PaulC

Try doing a google search in this group.

It's been pretty well covered.

Generally, the consensus seems to be that it's becoming another method
to monitor alarms. Not yet considered reliable enough to be a stand
alone means unless it's the only means at your disposal. At this
juncture, people seem to be using it either as a backup or in
conjuction with another more proven method. Land line phone and two way
long range radio seem to be considered the "proven" methods nowdays.
Land line inexpensive. two way Radio not.