Re: Alarm systems w/o phone line

"smiley" <palopaeus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1116689423.956449.69800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> mwazowski wrote:
> > Does any have an alarm system that is actively monitored w/o a hard
> > line into their home.  (We are a cell phone only family)  Just
> > wondering what other options are out there.  I know ADT has a
> cellular
> > device that they use to communicate with your system in the event the
> > line is cut... could this be used as the primary communication
> method?
> > Do Brinks and other major companies have similar options?  Is their a
> > DIY method I could consider?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > - MW
> >
> If you already have high speed internet at your house, you can use a
> product from DSC called the Tlink 250. It integrates with DSC's Power
> 864 control panel and communicates with a monitoring station over the
> internet.

That is true if that central should happen to have the proper receiver.
Many, many centrals are not prepared to do monitoring from the internet and
DSC will be the first to tell you that. They are trying to get the centrals
sold on adding the required receivers inorder to support DSC's product.
Centrals aren't making the investment in the equipment plus the backup until
their clients or their dealers show more interest.

Bob4Secur