Re: Alarm systems w/o phone line

"mwazowski" <mwazowski1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1116438648.133786.214990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Does any have an alarm system that is actively monitored w/o a hard
> line into their home.  (We are a cell phone only family)  Just
> wondering what other options are out there.  I know ADT has a cellular
> device that they use to communicate with your system in the event the
> line is cut... could this be used as the primary communication method?
> Do Brinks and other major companies have similar options?  Is their a
> DIY method I could consider?
>
> TIA.
>
> - MW

Yes.  Cellular transmission of alarm signals can be used as the primary
means of communication.  We do it all the time for temporary construction
shacks and site storage areas.  DSC manufactures "SkyRoute", then there's
"Uplink", and a bunch of other choices out there.  Uplink and a couple of
other manufacturers are universal devices and can be used with any alarm
panel.