Wireless alarm systems - advice please

I am a new subscriber to this group, wondering if I can get some help
or advice pls?

I wouod like to install a wireless alarm system  to my home in the UK
and have looked at the Visonic powermax + and Scantronic. My first
question is;

Are there other comparable alarm systems that offer excellent
performance that you would recommend? I don't want to buy a Class 2 or
3 system from a diy warehouse and like to idea of a higher class system
for performance reasons.

Secondlt, is it possible to install a 100% wirefree (solar power) alarm
sounder box? If possible, I would prefer this as the ones I have looked
at 'til now need a power supply to them.

Thirdly, is the battery life affected by the number of 'movements'
oicked up bythe detector- even though the alarm isn't armed? They quote
3 years - but, will this be reduced by many movements? (I have four
children!)

Finally, is it true that all wireless detectors are compatible with any
alarm system? This may or may not be an issue - although I suppose the
prices differ slightly from supplier to supplier.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Paul