Re: Window sensors

Many newer windows come completely out of the frame, and often the frame
inside tracks are removable, which will allow you to run wires behind the
side tracks. You might also fish the hollow spaces in the sides of the
window frame with a length of pull-chain (buy it in any length at the
hardware store) and a 1/4 dia. magnet taped to a coat hanger.

If the windows have an unfinished attic above them, you could use a 3/8" x 4
or 6 foot d'versibit to drill into the attic and pull wires down. Either
way, it would have been easier for the contractor to do it right the first
time.