Re: Anybody else had dealings with Jim Rojas ??

On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:01:14 GMT, Rat <stinkycadaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Sent him a P1632 board to have unlocked. It was delivered in March.
>I heard nothing despite giving him all my contact info.
>I emailed several times but got no where.
>Finally I phone him and he tells me that the board I sent him was a
>P816 and that he would get it out the next day.
>Over 1 month has gone by no response to emails.
>I got the feeling that I have been f@#$ked over.
>The strange thing is he advertises this service on the newsgroup and
>on his website. Am I the only one to be treated this way.
>Randy

Jim is clever in wordings when HE say that HE can unlock boards and
reset them to initial status...
Reality is different!

As i WARNED allready before:

When you choice to have a pro-installer/monitoring of the alarm system
YOU own and pay for, it will never be fully yours anymore.

Just keep in mind that when the initial owner take a professional to
install and/or monitor the alarm system...
 They don't provide the owner with ALL the secret access codes...
 The "installer code" they keep it forcing the owner or future owner
to stay with them.

The factory default installer code is changed by the installing
company, this is standard practice..
 Of course, they keep that installer code only to "protect you" to do
mistakes.. Smile!

When
- you sell the system (house) to somebody who don't like to
  follow the initial maintenance/monitoring contracts,
- you or the new owner like to add/improve the system
well think it over how you will handle that without full code
(password) access.

Ask them the question and find-out the consequences when you don't
have ALL access codes and full property of your own system..

They will recommend you to INITIALIZE the whole system losing all
programming (ping, ping). Quite strait forward, isn't it?

And even here... It seems doubtfull with Jim Rojas.