GE/Caddx NX8 won't go INSTANT

I haven't seen this before now, after installing about 120 of these
panels.

When the customer arms the system, and hits the STAY button, the
INSTANT icon (NX-1448E keypad) should normally toggle on and off with
each keypress.  But on this particular system, it's not doing that -
INSTANT never comes on.  It's not the keypad, either, because 2 other
keypads do the same thing.

It IS a V2 panel, but I can't find anything in the old or new manuals
that indicate I have left something out, and I have done a bizillion of
them anyway, so I don't know why I would have missed it...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff P.
Atlanta, GA