Re: EOLR Depate

> We avoid the whole problem of "where to put them" by using contacts with
> built-in end-of-lines.  GRI manufactures them with all the popular panel
> values.  Yes, they're a tad more expensive, but worth it in the long run.
> Motions and glass breaks all have the end of line's terminated inside the
> detectors.
That sounds good on the surface and easy to do except for the fact that most
trunkslammers put all the windows in the house on one zone and all the doors
on a second zone.  They have lets say ten or twelve windows and each home
run circuit has a resistor on it... what do they do?  They can't tie all the
lines together cause each one has a resistor at the end of it.  Thats why
they don't do it.

ADT has become a company of nothing but trunkslammers who always install the
end-of-line resistors at the beginning of the line.  In the old days ADT
always put resistors on the end of the line and most times those old Focus
panels had one device on each zone.  Not any more.  Today its how fast can
they throw in some junk and drive away before the sub finds out it doesn't
work.  I guess ADT figures they can offer some defense in a lawsuit by
showing that they did put the resistors in even though they were not hooked
up correctly.

I see their new trucks don't even say ADT anymore - they simply say TYCO
fire and safety.