Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

> or...........he could be a burglar looking
> for away to break in. which would be
> easy to do with a few keypresses to
> disable monitoring if the installer code
> had not been changed.

Or he could be Batman.  Come on, Phil.  That's just a bit far-fetched.
Imagine a would-be burglar going to the trouble of first determining which
make and model alarm system is in use at Joe Schmoe's house.  Next he looks
in USENET for a newsgroup related to alarms.  The alleged thief supposedly
already knows enough about Caddx panels to understand how to reprogram the
central station monitoring.  Now if he can just get someone to teach him how
to crack that lock-out code...

Bear in mind we're talking about some place that is protected by a simple
NX-6, not some multi-million dollar mansion full of furs and jewelry.

The best odds are the guy has a system which he owns but he doesn't have the
code.  That is an extremely common scenario, whereas the "high tech" thief
searching USENET for help defeating an alarm is about the least likely
possibility of all.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass