Re: President Bush given the Indian name of "Walking Eagle"

> Agreed... But, out of curiosity, who appoints them to their positions? If
> the current President wants them replaced, can't he just fire them?

He *could* fire them, but Congress doesn't like it without a really good
reason, to put it mildly. The search for replacements sucks up a LOT of time
and energy, and congressional approval is necessary for the new guy, so it's
a big giant hassle.

The problem is that congress doesn't want the intelligence comminity to do
old fashioned dirty work, and they don't want to pay for it, and 'ethics'
(no bribes, etc) is exclusive to the US. So our intelligence sucks because
CONGRESS has enacted so many rules and limits.

-John O