Re: EOLR Depate

r...@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> EOLR Placement Debate
>
> I have been in the alarm industry for about 36 years now and over
that time
> I have witnessed many innovations.  One of these is the circuit
supervision
> provided by the end of line resistor.

<Snip>

Your point is well taken Ron, and obviously ...... end of line
resistors means just that.

However. I think this event had more to do with the installer than it
did with the placement of the resistors. Just like .......... it's not
the gun that kills.

If the installer had jumped past the removed screen so that the
bathroom was still in the loop  .......... with or without the EOL
resisitors, the intrusion would have been detected. If the installer
had tested the loop, he would have seen the error. If the installer had
replaced the screen in a timely manor........... etc. And even so
......... what if the installer had done everything right and the
intruder had choosen the window with the jumped out screen?

If the end of line resistor had been actually at the end of the line,
with what is known about the installer now ........... how do you think
the EOL (were it located properly) would have made him do the right
thing..... anyway? He may have simply put another EOL in the bedroom or
added one at the box temporarily, until the screen was fixed. But the
article said there were other missing screens also .......... so at
that rate, it looks more like shoddy workmanship, in general, rather
than simply the improper placement of the EOL resistor.