Getting the most out of my DSC 832

I have 8 perimeter zones and 4 motion detectors in my system. I have a
keypad on the first floor and one in the master bedroom. I set up the
motions so that they are bypassed in "stay" mode. This is great for
when my wife and kid is home during the day, but I'd like to have the
basement and first floor motions armed at night. I've noticed some
other systems have a "night" mode for this, but is there a way to do it
on the DSC system?

Also, now that my wife is home all day with the baby, does anyone
suggest I wire in some panic buttons in remote rooms like bathrooms in
case of forced intrusions while the system is mistakenly unarmed?

Are external sirens suggested even on monitored systems? Our neighbors
are very "neighborhood watch" friendly and I'm always worried about a
telephone line cut.

Finally, has anyone set this system up with the wireless keyfob for
arming disarming? It's a pain to pull in the garage and make a dash for
the keypad. What is the range on these? I'd rather use the wireless
add-on module than change out the keypad to the wireless model.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bobby