Re: My thoughts on Robert Bass

Matt wrote:
> Thread after thread deals with the horridness of this man.
>
> Sorry, but I don't buy it.
>
> You know what pisses me off about society?
>
> The rules are: You do a crime, you do the time, the state spends the
$$
> to rehabilitate, and then your slate is clean.
>
> Then you get out and no one will employ you because you did something
> wrong once.
>
> Which make you revert to a criminal lifestyle.
>
> If what has been posted in these forums is true, then not only has RB
> been rehabilitated, not only has he not reverted, but he has started
> his own business as well.
>
> And dont throw any double billed CC shit at me. We all know bad
> billings are easily reconciled wither by talking to the merchant, or
> the credit card company. 9 out of 10 times it was an accident anyway.
>
> Also, in these forums anyway, when he's not being assaile by whoever,
> he does his best to answer newbies questions.
>
> Finally, if I were to hire someone to put an alarm  system in my
> house...... an ex con would be my first choice. That is, instead of
the
> pimple faced shop class dropout who is trying to rip you off by
selling
> you things you dont need; and that likely don't make your premesis
any
> more secure anyway.
>
> So say what you will about him.
>
> In my book, he's paid his dues and deserves respect.

Matt, the only reason you can say that is because you obviously don't
know the whole story about this scab on society. I'm sure that after
reading this will have absolutely nothing to say and will go away. But,
with a name like Mat, I'm sure you're used to having your ideas stepped
on.

The fact is, ...........contrary to Steve Ryckman's (the founder of
this group) intentions, and the group FAQ, Bass, promotes his website
and exploits this group and the trade experience of it's participants,
for the sole purpose of making a profit here. If he were to simply
state in his sig line that he had an on line store and perhaps
occasionally refer someone to his site, that would be acceptable.
However, he continuously lies about himself as still being in the
installation business. He's stolen information from people here and
from other sources and doesn't give credit or lies as if it is of his
origin. He constantly berates installing companies, encompassing all,
into his deriding remarks. His conduct and attitude is demeaning
towards any who object to what he does here ............. and he simply
refuses to stop. Therefore, the choices for those who choose to be here
...... are ........ let him do his dirty deeds and stay silent while he
insults individuals ( calling installers idiots,  monkeys, stupid
.......... and installation companies (frauds, thieves, swindlers).
    Or,................. object to his unacceptable conduct. Many would
say that this mess exists simply because of something that has
escalated to this point. What isn't so apparent, is that in past
newsgroups, Bass has been forcibly removed by consensus of the entire
list of it's participants, for doing the same exact thing that he does
here in this group. He lied, stole information, went real life to get
people who opposed him in trouble with their employers and told lies to
people about his detractors. It's all documented in Google. Every thing
that he does here in ASA, he's done in other groups. So it's not just
simply an isolated "circumstance", as someone like yourself might
assume .... In fact, it's a pattern of behavior that Bass has acted out
over many many years in Usenet. So this just makes what he does here
ever so much more objectionable. He obviously does it intentionally!
INTENTIONALLY!

The casual participant here, has no idea of what this deranged
individual methodically does here and what his nefarious past or
intentions are. To you, for the brief time that you are here, you
simply see a snapshot of his fraudulent persona, and think that there
is no reasoning behind the actions of his detractors. He shows his best
side only for the short interludes that end users come here looking for
information. He depends upon their short stay to appear to be the
benevolent provider of anything that they need, so as to entice them to
buy from him. When those that have been the brunt of his insidious "Mr
Hyde" persona object and berate him for what he's done to this group,
the short timers think the worst of the detractors and cant understand
why someone who is so helpful, should be "attacked" in such a fashion.

Now, to support all of this .........along with all of his
reprehensible conduct in Usenet.........there's the story behind the
story. After all of his ongoing criticisms of individuals who oppose
his conduct here, there lies the amazing tale of his personal life that
has been exposed.

If you add to all of the above,  what has been revealed ( and he has
confirmed) about the abnormal behavior that represents his personal
life, you get the picture of a truly demented individual who's
purposeful and obvious intent, is to cause chaos and disruption where
ever he goes and no concern for others. How many people do you know who
are responsible for the death of someone through negligence? How many
people do you know who are a convicted felon for pulling a gun on
someone? Just those two items alone, makes it obvious to any normal
person, that you're not dealing with someone who has the faculties or
character to make socially acceptable decisions. Now put this all
together and tell me if you think someone like this should even be
allowed to be involved in the "security industry" much less be
accepted, with out objection to this group ............... or ....in
fact by anyone, in general? He's a downright social misfit.

Once knowing all of this, it's got to be quite clear that what exists
here, is happening because this is what Bass instigates and what he
chooses to happen, by his intentional refusal and inability to get
along with others. The people who object to his conduct are individuals
who just downright refuse to let him usurp this group with his proven
deranged conduct, without any objection. As it turns out, it gets down
to ............ if, by his conduct,  he can disrupt this group, then
what's to stop anyone else from doing the same damn thing as he does?
So far, he hasn't caused anyone to go real life with him, but I feel
that someday, it's possible that he's going to do something to the
"wrong" person and they'll take him up on his provocations. In the mean
time, we who believe strongly that what Bass does here is wrong, will
continue to object to his conduct. And those that object to his
behavior ( mostly all here *do* object) but choose to sit silently by
the wayside, will continue to enable him, even though they know that if
he were to be continuously discredited by the entire group,  with the
people he solicits to buy products here, it would defeat his sole
purpose for being here. But ........... even though they know he could
be ousted, they choose to do nothing and thereby enable him ...........
and therefore the group will remain in chaos.  That's their call.

So be it. Bass is wrong in what he does here and his past history in
Usenet and in his personal life, attest to his continued pattern of
disruption of other peoples lives ........... no matter where he is. In
this medium of Usenet he can get away with things that he wouldn't dare
do in real life. Therefore, here, he will always find resistance and
objection to his conduct and there will be chaos. He's obviously quite
aware of what he does. Just like a dog that knows it's going to be
whipped if it barks. It still barks because whipping is the only
attention it can get and it's better than none at all.  It's obviously
his goal to be the outstanding individual. With a personal background
such as his, it is manifest that he can't have any self esteem so he
gets his attention by being the cause disruption. This is bolstered by
his documented history, that indicates that he is compelled to always
create a scene, good or bad,  where he is the center of attention.

The above is only a small portion of the entire chronicle that could be
written about this deranged individual and his outlandish conduct and
history. And unfortunately, because of his ill treatment of people
here, for a very long time, the people that come here for advice are of
secondary importance to discrediting Fat Ass. If there's ever anything
that I can do to stop Bass from getting one penny in profit from his
unacceptable behavior here,  I will do it. Any altruism that anyone
would feel by the help I, or anyone else would be inclined to give
someone who comes here, is totally negated by the fact that Bass will
benefit from it, by being able to capitalize on the information given
freely by others and thereby he makes a profit at the expense of what
others give away graciously.

I have nothing to gain or lose here. I'm not here to make a profit and
I was smart enough to keep my identity anonymous, so Bass can't go real
life with me as he has stated that he actually likes to do with people,
who object to his conduct. I will disrupt this group whenever I can, in
anyway that I can, as long as Bass does what he does to disrupt this
group. If his conduct is disrupting the group, and there are people who
wont object to it, then what difference does my conduct make? They
can't rightly object to my conduct with out objecting to what Bass
does.  Why should only one person have the prerogative to do whatever
they damn well please? If one disrupts the group intentionally, then
others can do the same. The group will be none the worse and it
provides a continuous example to the "do nothings" that what they do
enables Bass as well as anyone else who chooses to cause chaos. Again,
their call.

For what he does to this potentially great gathering of people and this
group, he's a scumbag and rotten son of a bitch and deserves anything
bad that could happen to him. His conduct in his personal life and in
Usenet depicts his unconcern about others. Unfortunately for him, that
attitude of unconcern has trickled over to his personal well being.
He's recently experienced a heart problem, likely due to his inability
to control his eating habits as he is also unable to control his life.
After his insults to one of the participants in this Newsgroup ( one of
his on-line competitors, by the way) about his overweight problem, it
was discovered that Bass himself is an obese, fat slob. This, after him
telling us that he had lost weight, was exercising and bike riding for
health reasons.  Just another example of his propensity to deceive
people. It is sincerely hoped that this heart problem will also be his
demise. It can't happen too soon. He's burned his bridges and it would
be only just to see the bridge in front of him come crashing down, just
as he was crossing.

There are nice people in this world and not so nice people. Bass
doesn't even come close to being included in the category of
.............. people. By his history and his example, it's evident
that he's a grotesque and repulsive facade of a human being, seething
with hatred for himself and everyone around him. He deserves to be
treated with no more consideration than piece of shit.and should be the
object of hatred by the hundred or so people that he has insulted,
mocked, humiliated, ridiculed and lied about, in Usenet. He should get
back all that he gives here in ASA, twofold .......... and he will.