Re: galvanic reaction

> Why do manufacturers give us resistors
> that are made of a different metal than
> the copper wire we are using?

It's not a problem.  If you properly solder copper wire to standard EOL
resistors there will be no degradation at all.

> High voltage electricians know that you
> can't connect an aluminum and copper...

They're not made of aluminum.

> ...Yes Robert it does happen, even if you
> haven't noticed it in your 40 years in the trade.;)

No, Phil, it does NOT happen if you properly connect them, even in if you
think it will in your 40 weeks in the trade.  :^)

> Any resistor experts out there?  Why are
> most resistors I have seen not made out
> of copper?  Must be some reason.

Commonly used EOL resistors do not cause problems when placed in contact
with copper.  BTW, I don't claim 40 years in the trade -- only 28.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics