Smokes

Hey all.

Trying to find the least expensive method to hook 12-14 SD's to a DSC
Power 832 5010.

Wireless is ruled out;

Which leaves me to 2 or 4 wire smokes.

I'm still not clear as to what the advantage of 2 vs 4 wire smokes are,
if anyone could clarify I would appreciate it.

Again, least expensive is my goal, and the only other factor beside the
smokes is I'm going to have to buy abou t500' of 18 ga wire; although
at this point I don't know if it will be 2 or 4 conductor.

ANy help is appreciated.

Thanks
Matt