OT Car alarm question

Hi All,

OK, I don't claim to know much about car alarms, however I recently
installed an Audiovox car alarm in my '01 RAV 4.  The alarm is designed to
trip on current draw i.e. when dome light comes on.  While the voltage
sensing works (e.g. firing door locks will trigger it), the dome light is
not enough to trip it.  Would adding a resistor across the dome light work
to increase the current draw?  If so, what value of resistor should I use or
Is there a better way?

Reg