Re: DIY'er Questions - Any Help Appreciated

> My goal is to keep this system as simple as possible.  I don't plan
> to have the system monitored.  I am basically looking to know if
> someone has broken in when I am home so I can be ready to defend =
myself
> and my family.  If I am not home I'd imagine the alarm would likely
> scare most burglars away and I have plenty of neighbors who are almost
> always home who I would hope would make the call for me.

Hope that the siren wakes you up?
Hope that the siren scares the bad guy away?
Hope that it wakes you up before the purp puts a bag over your head?
Hope that the siren is heard by someone outside?
Hope that that someone knows where the siren sound is coming from and =
reports the correct address to the police?
Hope that that someone doesn't also get shot by you or the purp if/when =
he investigates?
Hope that that someone actually calls the police?

Rather than basing your family's safety on a whole bunch of false hopes, =
wouldn't it be better to know that a good-guy with a gun will show up =
(police)...for a few bucks a month in monitoring fees?

What about fire?

The peace of mind knowing that someone who knows what to do (police with =
guns, fire department with trucks and hoses), and has the tools to help, =
is on the way is worth the price of admission.=20

And, I have yet to see a dog that is able to dial the phone to call the =
police or fire department.