Re: Home Alarm and Vonage

"Mike" <mskaeser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1119272156.407071.267280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The smoke detectors aren't connected to the system, and yes I'd let the
> insurance company know.  You get 911 with Vonage, and I activated it
> right away.  The major difference seems to be that you tell them where
> you are, but as the thousands of postings to comp.dcom.telecom indicate
> there are a few opinions on the issue.

I guess it is a situation of "What is one willing to sacrifice to save a few
dollars"?, especially on an unknown. On Vonage's side, you can compare it
to, "it's not a crime unless you are caught" or on the consumers side, "it's
a great deal as long as you don't expect to much from it". I wish I could
sell something that may or maynot work and have people go "ga ga" over it so
that they can save a couple of dollars. "We have 911 service but it really
isn't 911 service, its something close to 911 service as long as the cable
or internet is working and there is battery backup and the person taking the
call (just who is that person anyway) can understand where you are at, when
you are choking to death. "Where you at? Iam in my kitchen. No, where you
at? I told you I am in....choke..choke..choke..bang,clank,dial tone". Or, it
is nice you trained your four year old to dial 911 when you are on the floor
but you should have taught him his address, including city and zip code.
IMO, it is nice to shop and save money on a new weed wacker, some new pots
and pans, or a new piece of electronics for your entertainment. People get
carried away trying to save money on every aspect of their life, especially
when it comes to critical services. Yet, the same person will buy the best
golf ball on the market trying to improve his game only to put them in the
drink, Saturday after Saturday. Maybe that is why they need to save money in
other areas. Remember ***stupid is as stupid does***