Re: 45. Professionals always say that the latest wireless alarm system

> Professionals always say that the latest wireless alarm system have
> all kind of manufacturer unsupported, unspecified features who avoid
> and detect RFI...
>
> Good, two questions arise:
> - what shall be done with the old sailor (systems)?
What's that got to do with anything?. Dumb question. Have you got a color
television or a black and white one?. I bet its color and I bet sometime in
the past you or your family had a black & white one. What did you do with
the black and white one?.

> - why are those pro's imaginative features not documented, supported
>  and warranted by the manufacturer?
They usually are documented, supported and warranted. The documentation
states that jamming is detected and specifies how it operates and under what
circumstances (there is your documentation), the product is supported and
that includes the features of the product (there's your support) and unless
your product is a cheap knock-off it will come with a warrenty (there's your
warranty). Paul, why don't you find a panel that has jamming detection and
download the manual or talk to a technical sales rep. They usually answer
all questions with coutesy.

>  Where is the documentation support who state that RFI has no effect
Who said that RFI has no effect?. I have always said that any suitable
jamming signal is detected and reported. This is not 'no effect'. On the
contrary. If RFI was present then you would not want 'no effect'.

>  or will warn that typical type of system failure after hours or so?
Hours?. What standard specifies 'hours' as an acceptible level of security?.
No. I understand that you are based in Europe and unless your specific
country does not follow EN50131 or a similar derivative then even at the
worst grade level, jamming should be reported to the user & central station
when jamming occurs for 30 seconds in a rolling minute. Read the standards.