Re: Ademco programming

"Sue Odom" <sodom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:s6Ioe.16469$h86.11759@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hey, I have a really dumb question.  I'm reading that Ademco panels
> require
> a 6139 keypad for programming.  So what if you give the customer a
> different
> keypad?  Are they expected to never reprogram the thing themselves?  Is
> this
> so that they never can?
>
> So I guess if I get a Vista 10, I had better get the 6139 keypad or I'll
> be
> out of luck.  :-)

As an installing dealer of monitored security and fire systems it's rare to
come across a customer that wants to program (or reprogram) their own
system.  Even on a local panel about the only thing the customer really
needs every once in a while is to change the master or secondary user codes.
On systems that need special programming keys or keypads and the customer
hasn't opted to purchase them, they have no choice but to call the
installing dealer if they want to make any changes.  Besides, it's better
for the customer that *you* do it anyway...