Battery fpr PC1550

I've measured the voltage from the battery and it's only around 13.9V. I
also got a trouble condition light the other day and it pointed towards "low
battery". The battery is supposed to be at 16V - does a 13.9 reading usually
mean it's on it way out and I should replace?

Are these special betteries? I've never seen them at Home Depot or any other
such store.

Would appreciate an opinion on the battery - the manual doesn't say when it
should be replaced, and as far as I know it's around 4 years old.

TIA