Re: 44. Why are wireless alarm systems...

Sure Audio can cause RFI if you have a 500 gigawatt amp and 10 foot =
diameter speakers with 1/2 ton magnets and coils and your alarm reciever =
was mounted inside the speaker enclosure and the band was playing heavy =
metal music at volume level 11...maybe?

btw, Paulie is from planet Ork.

Ademco stuff will send a jamming attempt to CS too, if I remember =
correctly. Other stuff I've used does the same...although I've NEVER had =
a system jammed even operating within 100 yards of a commercial airport =
directly under the approach path.

I also get a kick out of when Paulie puts references on his =
posts...either they have nothing to do with his rants or its a link to =
the main page of a site that contains 1000 pages...like you're gonna go =
search for what he claims will back up his prattle. In the immortal =
words of Bugs..."What a maroon"!

"Roger" <rumble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
|=20
| > ONLY COMPATIBLE equipment can be used and that is why audio or pure
| > transmitters generating RFI disturb the operation.
| ... as already discussed earlier, jamming detection will warn the user =

| (home/bussiness) that the panel is being jammed. In fact class 1&2 =
approvals=20
| require that the detectors themselves are required to detect and =
report=20
| jamming in some way, in addition to the panel.
|=20
| So, if jamming takes place (either accidently or on purpose), the user =
is=20
| made aware of the fact. I know that not all panels incorporate jamming =

| detection at present, however most of the newer ones that I have seen=20
| recently do include jamming detection and reporting (to the user =
and/or=20
| central station as programmed).
|=20
| Audio causing RFI? What planet are you on?
|=20
| > By the way, you don't need any alarm system, intruders are not =
allowed
| > by law and ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with normal living style.
|=20
| eh?=20
|=20