Re: 34. Is monitoring required?

Jim the reason Paul was on the FIX list is he hadn't paid for monitoring =
in 9 months. :-)...there's always a reason things don't get fixed...

client doesn't want to pay for service that they think should be free.
client is only home between 2am and 4 am
client never answers the phone or returns calls for service scheduling.
client is a freekin idiot like Paulie
client said he'd replace the batteries because he didn't want to pay for =
service and never did replace them...

blah blah blah...

and of course anything that happens to Paulie the Parrot is someone =
else's fault...not responsiblilty on his part. Prime example is he =
spends 4 years "researching" wireless alarms AFTER he buys a piece of =
crap and it fails on him (if any of his whining is true that is)

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message =
|=20
|=20
| -pull@shoot wrote:
|=20
| <SNIP>
|=20
|=20
| >> There are a lot of things in this world who are convenient, a pro
| > can't offer what i suggested: self monitoring.
|=20
|=20
| I could offer you a lot of other things that are equally bad or worse
| than self monitoring .........But I wouldn't do that. My goal would be
| to offer you that which has a proven history of success.
|=20

| > I don't say that monitoring is useless, i just don't thrust it.
| > Experience (???): 3 alarms on a monitored system where i was =
contacted
| > because i was on "THE" fix list.
|=20
| And THAT's a reason to not trust monitoring by a central station? =
Who's
| system was it? Was the system maintained properly? Was it used with
| care by the owner? If it were your system and it went off three times,
| would you want the people with whom you entrusted response to, to
| respond? Even if it ultimately turned out to be false? Do you expect
| that no alarm system is ever going to be tripped falsely? After it =
went
| off three times, did you find out why it tripped? Did someone just PUT
| you on a list or were you asked to be on it? If the system continued =
| false alarm, and wasn't being taken care of ....... did you ask to be
| removed from the list?
| Also ........With self monitoring, how do you tell the difference from
| a real alarm and a false alarm? If it goes off three times and you are
| called ....... will you then also give up self monitoring as being
| unreliable?
|=20

| > As i mentioned before i still think that self monitoring is feasible
| > and reliable.
|=20
| If you can't see your misconceptions in that statement ....... then =
you
| really do deserve to monitor your own system.
| =20
| >=20
| > Regards
|=20