Napco Wireless Gem-PIR

I am trying to use the Napco Gem-PIR with my 9600 board, and I have the
following question:

When motion occurs at my other motion detectors(wired) the board very
quickly detects  zone Open and then zone Closed, and there does not see
to be a period where the next motion is not detected for a period of
time. In other words if someone is walking back and forth 4 or 5 times
it will register Open,closed,open,closed,open  etc...

On the other hand with the gem-pir after the first Open and Closed it
seems to have a down time where the next motion doesn't register for
quite a while. Is this inherent in the Gem-Pir , is it able to be
modified?

Any help appreciated.