Re: Home Alarm and Vonage

$75 for a visit to the house plus time, etc, ok maybe not 'hefty' as my
post suggested but I like solving technical problems, like
understanding the issue and giving it a shot before paying someone to
fix it, and am cheap.  I don't begrudge them a chance to earn a living
but don't want to pay for a visit when there's no solution either.
We'll see how it goes.  From this discussion and looking on the web
there's not a magic solution out there but thanks to everyone for their
ideas.

As for Vonage, I wasn't happy with my local phone company, so it was
either digital or rely on my cell phone for everything...until I
remembered the alarm. So far so good, but we'll see when something goes
wrong.   As for the alarm, if I can't get monitoring for the price I'm
looking for, and I know there's companies like alarm.com out there,
I'll just leave a note asking the burglers to shut the attic siren off
when they're done.