Re: Ademco programming

"Mel" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
news:d80idr$69nu$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> I had that 8.95 a month company try to steal a client of mine the =
other day.=20
> I unlocked the panel so they could try to program it....they totally =
screwed=20
> it up. I had to go reprogram it, and I ended up with the client =
back..but a=20
> total waste of my time. So they wasted the client's time by telling =
him they=20
> could program ANY panel (they couldn't) and they wasted my time as =
well.
>=20
> You can't find a reliable company in your area?
>=20
> No, not a single legit company in this area. It's bubba the =
electrician,=20
> bubba the plumber, bubba the alarm tech. Before installing my system I =

> called several companies. All of them had the same deal, 2 door =
sensors and=20
> 2 motion sensors and $40 a month monitoring. I explained that I was =
adding a=20
> room on and wanted to know how expansion would be handled and what if =
I=20
> wanted the new room hard-wired. Duh, something different than our =
standard=20
> package? They didn't know and wouldn't do anything except what the =
sales=20
> people were programmed to sell. Some never called back or simply =
didn't show=20
> up for the appointment. You seem to think every DIY or homeowner wants =
$8.95=20
> a month monitoring so you look down on them. I expect to pay a =
reasonable=20
> fee and get reasonable service. On the other hand, I'm not paying AD* =
$40 a=20
> month when they can't explain what I'll get.

I used my most recent experience as an example.=20

I guess if these companies have enough monitored clients to be able to =
sell a product at such a low rate and still make money so they will be =
around next year...more power to 'em. Biggest questions are; what are =
they not offering, what are they not doing to save money?...daily test =
signals? physical service calls? no local licenses?...they got to be =
cutting corners somewhere. Personally, I always try to do business with =
someone I can talk to and physically meet with if I need them.

In your case, being in an area where you can't find a reliable company =
there may be no alternative. Where are you located anyway?