5010 and 5280tc problem

I am trying to figure out a problem that won't go away.

Setup.

DSC 5010 Latest version
DSC 5280TC V 3.02
DSC EM500 Thermostats (2)
Several x10 controls to control lights

The 5280tc is used by a european customer to check on his home here.

The problem is the numeral 3 willl not work on this system at all.

Tech support has been contacted, they said defective 5280tc. Replaced it
twice.

Reprogrammed it from default several times and downloaded it from blank and
setup templates. From inside the residence it will answer the access and it
recognizes
the 3. But from a outside line, hard phone or cell and we have tried many,
we can
not get it to recognized the 3. Every number works but the 3.

Any suggestions as this is hardcoded and cannot be changed to a different
number
to control the thermostats.

TJ