Re: Ademco programming

Are you in Scottsdale?

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9G_oe.16$ce4.617@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There are murmurs, though nothing official, that the 10se & 20se will be
retired soon.

It's good to have a translator!

I have a good client who is/was an engineer type with Motorola, on the first
house I did for him he wanted to get into modifying the chip on a Radionics
6112...sheesh...he made me crazy.

"Sue Odom" <sodom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hey, thanks!  I appreciate the advice!  I can translate to and from
Alarmish
> for him.  Pretty soon, he be speakin' da language.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Engineers are weenies, but he can do it himself...if he speaks or at least
> can read Alarmlish :-)
>
> Go with the 6160's they're more modern looking than the 6139.
> You may wanna go with the Vista 20P, newer, more zones, and does a little
> more.
>

> "Sue Odom" <sodom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Ok, thanks.  My boss is putting a system in his newly remodeled house,
and
> > since he's an engineer, I'm telling him he can do it himself.  You know,
> > engineers are all weinies (<----sp).  I was going to recommend the
Ademco
> > Vista 20SE to him, since he can get 16 hardwired zones with an expander.
> > Then I noticed the note in the installation guide that says you need the
> > 6139 for programming.  I guess there's nothing wrong with them, I mean
> they
> > aren't uglier than the other keypads, are they?
> >
> > "Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > You "can" program almost the either panel without the 6139, you only
need
> it
> > for zone programming. Most of the time I don't install a programming
> keypad,
> > but I always carry one on the truck...with long alligator clip leads on
> it.
> > Any user programming can be done without the 6139. I highly discourage
> > homeowners from programming their system if I am monitoring
it...actually
> > don't allow it at all. If this is y our house  you're talking about then
> > install a 6139 or the newer programming keypad...I think the 6160 can
> > program but double check on that..I cant remember fer sure.
> >
> > There's also a secret way of programming without the 6139 but it's kinda
> > goofy, so I don't do it much.
> >

> > "Sue Odom" <sodom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Hey, I have a really dumb question.  I'm reading that Ademco panels
> > require
> > > a 6139 keypad for programming.  So what if you give the customer a
> > different
> > > keypad?  Are they expected to never reprogram the thing themselves?
Is
> > this
> > > so that they never can?
> > >
> > > So I guess if I get a Vista 10, I had better get the 6139 keypad or
I'll