Paragon Plus

I have just moved into a new house.  It has a paragon Plus alarm panel
fitted which i only know the limited user code for.  I need to re-
programme the alarm to allow me to leave the dogs in the lounge or
kitchen over night.

I have read that the panel has no NVM (i take this to mean non volatile
memory) and should retun to default codes if i cut the power to the unit.

Do i have to cut the mains and disconnect the battery?  Hopefully it will
only be the mains but if it is both where will the battery be located?
Will it be in the box on the outside of the house?

Also can anyone tell me where i can get the installers manual and also
what the default engineers code is?  I know the default for the master
and limited codes as they are both in the users mamual wich i have.

TIA

Chris