Re: Issue: GE Simon Sirens Stop when # is Dialed

Billy wrote:
> Is there a way to make the internal and external sirens continue on the GE
> Simon when the phone numbers are being dialed? Is there a setting that I
> missed? My unit quiets as soon as the monitoring station and/or my cell
> numbers are dialed and I want it to keep going.

This is a feature of the Simon III requested by Conn Flowers of GE. The
purpose is that when the system is dialing, Conn doesn't like to be
distracted by the sirens (it gives him nightmares of getting another DUI)

The original Simon III siren was a voice driver that said "Liar, Liar!,
Pants on Fire!" , but GE employee Gary Wood thought that the development
team was exposing his method of operation, and had it changed to a
"tone"  based siren.