Re: Stupid Human tricks: call an envelope company!

Well I don't know what the situation is at your particular Post Offices' is
but listen to this.

For years I used double window envelopes to send out statements and all was
well.  Then the Post Office upgraded their equipment and the statements
started coming directly back to my box instead of going out to customers.
Not a lot, just maybe 25 or 30 per month so you put another stamp on them
and mail them again.
After a while we noticed that the number started increasing and then it got
to the point where more than half started coming back.  So I ring the
customer service bell at the Post Office to complain and it turns out that
their new equipment simply reads the return address window instead of the
lower address window and sends the mail back to me.  In order for any of my
mail to go out the Post Office people are putting tape over the top window
on eash piece of mail so their crap equipment won't read it.
The Post Office has a new standard for double window envelopes and it
requires the little tiny upper window with a big blank space between it and
the lower large window or they can't guarantee your mail will go out.  At
some point all of the Post Offices will get their equipment upgraded and you
must use the new window envelopes OR you must print a barcode with each
address.  The equipment will read the barcodes and it understands that the
first barcode is the RETURN address and the second barcode is the OUTBOUND
address but they tell me you don't really need the second barcode as the
equipment simply looks for the next address after it sees the first barcode.
So in my case you can't just run down to Walmart and buy double window
envelopes.  Besides, my Epson printers can only print five or six envelopes
at a time before they squash one and screw up the rest so I can cuss the
darn thing for five minutes each time that happens.  And everyone with an
Epson printer knows exactly what I am talking about.