Re: Canadian Border is tight!

At the Canadian border, you will be stopped and usually not permitted entry
if you have a criminal record. They may permit you to enter if it was a very
minor offence and was many years ago. But if you try to lie about it, you're
toast !! You should also carry picture ID with a passport being the best
thing. In today's world, it is getting more difficult to cross all borders
without proper identification and a clean record. I have been told, but
cannot confirm, that the Canadian border has been tightened up partly at the
request of the US authorities.

Interestingly enough, I just got back from a three week motorcycle trip
where I crossed the border no less than six times between the USA and
Canada. Only once did I get rousted crossing into Montana at a small border
stop from Saskatchewan. US authorities tore my motorcycle apart literally
and even confiscated my lunch (an apple). In all cases, Canadian authorities
were very friendly to me - a returning citizen - but I can't say it will
necessarily always be that way with US citizens coming in.

One thing to remember, leave your handguns at home. You cannot bring one
in - period ! Take it from me, it's difficult enough to own one legally in
this country. Get caught "packing" and you may well become an unwilling
guest of the Canadian government for quite some time

RHC