Re: User Code Change!

>> That is true.  I get lots of "Wow!  Kewl bike" comments from the
>> neighborhood kids.  The real fun happens when some of them try to race
>> me.
>> Not very many of them can exceed 30 mph.  Heh, heh, heh... :^)
>
> Yes since the RANS you have won't do 30 unless it's going downhill (I have
> ridden a number of them)

You're quite wrong.  It's not the bike.  It's the motor.  The fastest I ever
went on the Vivo on a level road was 36 mph.  In all fairness, there was
about a 5 mph tail wind at the time.  I've gone over 30 mph quite a few
times though not lately.  I've never been able to sustain that kind of speed
for any real distance -- a few hundred yards at best.  My regular pace was
in the 15-18 mph range when I was riding regularly.  I got hurt a while back
and was unable to walk, much less ride, for almost a month.  I'm just
starting to get back into riding.

I only did one century ride.  It was a tour from Sarasota to Venice Beach,
up 41 and the keys to Anna Maria Island and back.  My wife likes to ride
with me now but she can't keep much of a pace yet so it'll be slow progress
for a while.

> Yes the styrofoam helmet will protect me
> when the SUV wheels go over it

I got hit once on a DF bike, my old Specialized.  A teenage girl ran a
light.  My left arm, knee and leg got road rash.  The left side of my helmet
was cracked.  I'm fairly certain that without the helmet I'd have suffered
major injuries.  As it was I only had some discomfort.  I was riding with a
new helmet the next day.  YMMV.