Re: How long is "five minutes"??

> Back when I was shopping around for my
> alarm system, I ran across this "site is
> refreshing" page...

I regenerate the site whenever I need to add a product or make other changes
to the pages.  The process takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes (usually).
During the regeneration period all pages respond with a "404" error.  It is
possible to display a custom HTML page when a 404 occurs.  I thought the
"site is refreshing" message would be more helpful than the standard 404
message.  The down side is that if any URL has an error in it the same
message will be displayed indefinitely.

> I'm not sure who Robert is...

I'm a retired alarm installer with one of the more popular security websites
catering to DIYers.

> but it was enough of a deterrent to stear clear.

No problem.  Hope you found what you needed.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics