Re: Kidde Nighthawk CO Detector: Why Single Beep Every Day ?

YEP...hard to tell where those high-freq beeps are coming from...had a =
lady totally irate the "my" smoke detectors were beeping (they're always =
MINE when they make noise) insisted I come out even though we didn't =
install smokes in her house...so I drove 40 miles to prove to her it was =
something else...yep...it sure was...it was her pillbox alarm in her =
purse. Here's your sign lady.

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
|=20
| "Robert11" <rgsrose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
| > Hello:
| >
| > Have a new Kidde Nighthawk plug-in CO detector (Model 900-0076 AC) =
for=20
| > house.
| > Seems to work fine, but -
| >
| > About every other day or so, it gives a single beep.
| > Never more than one beep, and never more than once a day.
| >
| > Replaced the backup battery with a brand new one.
| > The unit is plugged into the wall socket, so is working off of the =
AC,=20
| > normally.
| > The outlet is relatively close to floor.  Floor has a rug.
| >
| > Any idea why this single beep may be occuring ?   Might it be dust =
from=20
| > the rug ?
| >
| > Is it systamatic for these types of gadgets ?
| >
| > No big deal, but certainly annoying and disconcerting.
| >
| > Any thoughts on would be appreciated.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Bob
|=20
|=20
| A customer of mine had a similar experience.  He'd moved into a new =
house=20
| and wouldn't you know...  every now and then a faint "beep" could be =
heard.=20
| He thought it was the system smokes.  Nope...  AC smokes...  Nope...  =
It=20
| turned out to be a battery operated smoke alarm.  Where do you think =
we=20
| found it??  On top of the hot water tank.=20
|=20
|=20