Re: Opinions

mbbaker@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> True, but it's a lot of fun! Is foil even installed anymore?

I've been in the industry for about 35 years, so I've still got some
foil jobs out there. When I heard that the Brooklyn Foil Co, was
closing down, I bought six rolls of regular foil and a couple of UL
rolls. I wrapped them up and keep all but one of each in my freezer. I
very rarely foil anymore but when necessary, I can repair or replace
the foil, if it will maintain the "look" of a job. The hardest thing is
keeping the varnish from drying up. I open up a can and then don't use
it for a year .... next time, it's all dried up or got a one inch skin
on it. One or two uses and throw it away. The foil blocks are starting
to get a little yellow looking too.  :-)